Private investigator near me: Atlanta, GA. 8 Tips
Hiring a private investigator is not something to take lightly. If you’re asking yourself, “Should I hire a private investigator near me?” then this article is for you. Private investigators and private detectives come in all shapes and sizes, just like any other profession. You should do your homework before you hire a private investigator and this article will help you do that especially if you live in Atlanta, GA.
As we mentioned, private investigators can be old, young, male, female, and of all nationalities. If your goal is to hire a private investigator near you, then you should ask yourself “Is it really NECESSARY to hire a private investigator near me?” For example, if you’re looking for someone, there’s no need for you to hire a local private investigator. Competent private investigators have access to proprietary databases allowing them to locate people anywhere in the United States, including Atlanta, GA. So when you review a private investigator near you, make sure they have reviews that let you know they are skilled at locating people.
If your situation calls for you documenting a person, place, or thing near you in Atlanta, GA then you should probably hire a local private investigator because:
- they’ll know the local area
- they’ll be less expensive since they’re local
- they’ll be easier to contact
- you can actually meet them in person if necessary
- you can talk to people you know to see if they’re professional
Hiring a private investigator near me in Atlanta, GA – bonus tip
When choosing a private investigator you might go to a search engine such as Google and type in the phrase “Private investigator near me” in which case you’ll be presented with a plethora of results and it can be quite confusing. You’ll see offers of $0 down, and “we’re the best” and other phrases that might make you question where to start.
One good place to start is to call either an attorney you know, or an attorney who specializes in the area you are seeking help with. For example, if you’re going through a divorce you would call a divorce attorney and ask them who they use for private investigation work. In fact, call three or four of them and see if the same name pops up when you talk to them. Similarly, if your case is a criminal case, call several criminal defense attorneys and ask their opinion on a private investigator.
If the attorney is happy with a private investigator, then it’s likely you’ll be happy too. This is a good tactic to use especially if you’re looking for a private investigator in an area that’s not near you.
When you decide to hire a private investigator in Atlanta, GA you should take note of the following and be sure to answer the following questions to your satisfaction and you can be sure you’re getting a quality private investigator:
- Is the private investigator near me licensed? – every private investigator and private detective in Atlanta, Georgia is required to have a license issued by the Georgia Secretary of State’s office. You can check the Secretary of State website for license information and for complaint information filed against the private detective.
- Is the private investigator near me available to meet? – if the private investigator is not willing to meet you, then you should be wary.
- Is the private investigator near me reputable? – one way to check the reputation of a private detective near you is to see whether they have good reviews on their website. Also, check to see if they’re well-reviewed on Google.
- Does the private investigator near me have a client list? – every reputable private investigator should be willing to show you a list of their clients. They won’t share case details, but a solid client list looks like this.
- Does the private investigator near me offer a guarantee? – Sometimes, cases get doubled booked and a private investigator is just not able to handle your case. Sometimes, a case runs over the original time estimated and they don’t have time to work on your case. If this happens, make sure you can get your money back.
- Does the private investigator near me offer a refundable retainer? – some cases require a retainer, which is an upfront payment to the investigator to work on your case. What if you change your mind during the case? Well, in this case, the private investigator should refund any unused portions of the retainer to you.
- Does the private investigator near me have insurance? – we live in a dangerous world and the work of a private investigator brings the PI close to danger on a regular basis. The private investigator should have insurance (NOT A BOND) and they should be willing to show that to you at any time.
- Does the private investigator near me seem credible? – Listen to the things they say to you. Do they seem confident? Do they offer sensible suggestions? Do they disagree with some things you suggest because they might be illegal? Make sure you feel comfortable with the private investigator you plan to hire. You’ll have to work with them closely and any personality conflicts will become more serious as a case progresses.
I have more questions about hiring a private investigator near me in Atlanta, Georgia?
Then you should call a reputable private investigator and speak with them about the options involved with your individual case. Even if you think your case is mundane, a private investigator should be willing to talk to you about it. Everyone’s life is different and everyone’s situation is different, regardless of the type of case. Make the call today and hear options about your situation that might put your mind at rest.
If you are looking for an affordable licensed private investigator, with 20 years of experience in child custody investigations and assisting individuals, attorneys and corporations feel free to contact us here. You can also view a portion of our extensive client list here, and see what actual clients say about Eagle Investigative Services a private investigator in Atlanta, Georgia.