Is it worth it to hire a private investigator?
What you'll see below:
Is it worth it to hire a private investigator? You’ve probably seen private investigators on TV and in the movies, and maybe you’ve even read about them on the news in real life. You may wonder just how does someone hire a private investigator? What is the process one goes through to hire a private investigator and what could they do for you? And, more importantly, is it worth it to hire a private investigator? We’ll explore the answers to these questions below and help you decide if it is worth it to hire a private investigator for your situation.
What is it you're looking to achieve?
The first question you should be asking yourself if you’re wondering is worth it to hire a private investigator is to ask yourself what is it you are trying to achieve? The most common reasons people hire private investigators are:
- Finding someone
- Catching a cheating lover/spouse
- Child Custody Case Investigation
- Searching for heirs to an estate/property
- Background Checks
- Stalking Situations
- GPS tracking
- Computer Forensics
So if you’re asking yourself, is it worth it to hire a private investigator, and your situation falls into one of the scenarios above, then it most certainly is worth it hire a private investigator.
What makes it worth it? 6 reasons
There are a number of factors that make it worth it to hire a private investigator. We’ll go through some of them here.
1. They are licensed to gather evidence – you should always make sure the private investigator you hire is fully licensed in the area in which you want to hire them. If you’re gathering evidence and you hire an unlicensed private investigator to do so, they may be breaking the law and any evidence they gather may be useless to you.
2. They have experience in gathering evidence – any PI that’s been in business for a few years most likely has experience in going to court to present evidence. They should be able to advise you as to the best course of action to gather the evidence you are looking for.
3. The provide a calm voice in a stressful situation – when you are in the middle of a problem, you are usually under a lot of stress. A calm third party voice with experience in your problem(s) is very helpful and can guide you away from making mistakes.
4. They can be more creative than you – an effective private investigator is also a creative problem solver. A competent private investigator can come up with ideas to help you and possibly give you ideas on how you can help yourself.
5. They have connections to good attorneys – private investigators who work many cases that end up in court have experience with good and bad attorneys. They see attorneys in action in the courtroom where cases are made or broken. You can find a list of excellent attorneys here.
6. You can see what other people think of them – Any private investigator that’s even somewhat decent will have a list of clients and a list of testimonials/reviews. You view what testimonials look like here.
How much will it cost me?
Private investigator costs vary and usually depend on the amount of work they have to do. Is it worth it to hire a private investigator to locate someone? Well, maybe, but you should first try yourself. Search social media outlets and directories and you may save yourself the cost of hiring a private investigator. If you go through all these options and you’re at a dead-end, then it is worth it to hire a private investigator if that person is important to you.
If your situation requires surveillance or following people, the question of is it worth it to hire a private investigator is an easy one to answer. Surveillance is a licensed activity, and you’ll need to hire a private investigator to complete that licensed task.
How can I find out is it worth it to
hire a private investigator?
The first step to finding out, is it worth it to hire a private investigator is to call one and talk to them. Almost all private investigators offer free consultations and the good private investigators will establish two things during this free consultation:
- Can they help you? (is this an area they routinely work in)
- Can they work with you? (can you afford them, etc)
Then, there’s the conversation about money and private investigators charge different rates for different things so you should check around. Is it worth it to hire a private investigator who’s the cheapest? ABSOLUTELY NOT. The private investigation industry is littered with stories of cheap private investigators who steal money, disappear, and leave their clients in the lurch. Most of the time these rogues make it more difficult for the competent private investigator to do their job.
So, for ME... is it worth it to hire a private investigator?
The answer is ultimately up to you. You have to balance the costs of hiring a private investigator against the return you can expect on that investment. In the case of a child custody investigation there’s no expense too great to insure the safety of a child. If it’s catching your boyfriend/girlfriend cheating on you, there is no financial benefit to be gained and there is a real question of is it worth it to hire a private investigator and spend that money.
If you want to talk to a professional, caring private investigator and determine for yourself is it worth it to hire a private investigator, then call (800) 867-3930 and speak to someone who will be happy to answer any questions you have. If you are looking for affordable licensed private investigators in Atlanta with 20 years of experience in assisting individuals, attorneys and corporations feel free to contact us here. You can also view a portion of our extensive client list here, and see here what actual clients say about Eagle Investigative Services a private investigator in Atlanta, Georgia.