How much does a private investigator
charge for surveillance?
How much does a private investigator charge for surveillance? Private investigators who conduct surveillance can charge for their surveillance services in many different ways. In this post, we will discuss the various methods of surveillance and what the expected costs might be.
Types of surveillance
when private investigators conduct surveillance they can do so in a few different ways:
- Manned surveillance – this is when a private investigator follows someone on foot, or in a vehicle. Typically, the private investigator has been hired to gather evidence on someone and they follow them around and video tape the person’s movements. Sometimes, the target of the investigation will be a building, or a place. In these cases, the private investigator sits with a view of the target and video tapes what they see.
- Remote surveillance – this might involve a private investigator using remote cameras to watch a person, place, or thing. It might also involved them placing a hidden camera so they can monitor their target from a remote computer.
- Electronic Surveillance – this is typically employed when a private investigator uses software or other electronic devices to monitor computer activity, phone calls, email, and messages. It might also involve the use of GPS trackers to monitor the movements of a vehicle as it travels around.
Typical pricing schemes for surveillance
How much does a private investigator charge for surveillance in manned surveillance cases?
Private investigators can charge by the hour, by the day, or by the week for manned surveillance. Usually, a private investigator will charge an hourly rate and a mileage fee. Surveillance hourly rates range from $50 per hours to $175 per hour depending on where you live. Sometimes, the difficulty of the surveillance will determine the rate. You might be able to negotiate a daily rate which would range rom $350 to $800 per day for a day’s surveillance. This might save you money in the long run.
How much does a private investigator charge for surveillance in remote surveillance cases?
The private investigator who conducts remote surveillance can charge for the installation of the remote surveillance devices as well as for their time to conduct a pre-installation survey. Then, they might also charge for their time to monitor the devices. How much does a private investigator charge for surveillance in remote surveillance cases? It really depends on the situation and the types of equipment being used. If you feel you need remote surveillance you should contact a private investigator near you for a specialized quotation.
Ways to save money on surveillance
There are a few ways you can save money on surveillance services being offered by a private investigator. These incluse:
- Asking the private investigator to suggest alternative ways of completing the task
- Asking if there are any electronic methods of accomplishing the same task
- Asking if there’s a daily rate that could be applied
- Asking if there’s a volume discount (that is, a discount if your task is going to take weeks, months)
- Asking if they have a payment plan
- Asking if they have a discount for cash or credit card payments
How to find out more about surveillance costs
If you want to to have a no-obligation discussion with a professional, caring private investigator who can share what is stalking entails, then just call (800) 867-3930 and speak to someone who will be happy to answer any questions you have. There’s no obligation. If you are looking for affordable licensed private investigators in Atlanta with 20 years of experience assisting individuals, attorneys and corporations feel free to contact us here. You can also view a portion of our extensive client list here, and see here what actual clients say about Eagle Investigative Services a private investigator in Atlanta, Georgia.