Table of Contents
Why hire a private investigator
to catch a cheating spouse?
There are many reasons you might turn to a private investigator to catch a cheater. Maybe you have a niggling feeling that something is just not right? Maybe you have received a tip from a trusted friend? Whatever the reason you have now decided to hire a private investigator to catch a cheating spouse.
Many times an attorney will recommend you hire a private investigator in order to gather sufficient evidence to support a case that is going to court. The main reasons you would hire a private investigator to catch a cheating spouse are:
- A private investigator isn’t emotionally involved and can make objective decisions
- A private investigator is licensed to do the work they do
- They are trained to gather evidence
- They are trained in report writing
- They are experienced in testifying in court
What tools do private investigators
use to catch a cheating spouse?
When the job of a private investigator is to catch a cheating spouse they will use a combination of several different tools. Some of these include:
- Database searches to determine the owner of a vehicle
- OSINT searches to determine who lives at a residence
- Surveillance of the cheater in order to “catch them in the act”
- Technology tools to assist in catching the cheater
What technology does a private investigator use to catch a cheating spouse?
Technology is pervasive in all our lives and we come in touch with technology on an almost minute by minute basis. Some of the technology advances used by private investigators include:
- Cell phone forensics to recover deleted messages and calling records
- Computer forensics to show a trail of communication by a cheating spouse
- GPS tracking technology to track the cheater everywhere they go
Always talk with your attorney when thinking about hiring a private investigator
There are several reasons why you should talk to your attorney prior to hiring a private investigator:
- The attorney might know the investigator and their reputation and they might suggest you call someone else
- The attorney can advise you whether it’s worth the money in your case
- The attorney can hire the investigator directly which offers a layer of protection for your evidence
- The attorney can give you an overall idea on whether hiring a private investigator will help or hurt your case